The wedding and portrait photography market relies heavily on referrals, and one way to ensure that each referral is just as happy as their family member or friend who sent them to you is to provide an equally consistent experience. If you’re unsure of where to begin, consider the following: Products:
- Are you ordering from the same vendors each time?
- Are you creating consistent products, so that two clients would see no difference if compared?
- Are you following the same process for designing albums, with policies to refer to if necessary?
- Is your price range on your website the same as it is when you send your client pricing?
- Does it all end in .00 or .99? Pick one.
- Are there logical jumps in pricing, and are your packages clear and to the point?
- Are the products listed out in the same order every time?
- How often are you changing your pricing?
- Are you direct, clear, and concise in your emails?
- Do you explain your process clearly in a way that a non-photographer can understand?
- Do you reiterate the exact same information they have read elsewhere? (this is good)
- Do you have a written workflow with dates attached?
- Will each of your clients receive the same experience?
- Can a client refer you to their friend and explain exactly how you operate and what they should expect?
All in all, creating a process and studio system that is consistent and concise can eliminate client confusion and keep a referral engine turning. Understand where they are coming from, offer exactly what they’re looking for, and make sure each of your clients receives your standard level of experience. About Leeann Marie Leeann is a Pittsburgh-based wedding, engagement, and boudoir photographer. An avid blogger, she loves connecting with her clients, friends, and other photographers around the world. She holds an engineering background from the University of Pittsburgh, which has led to a love of technology and teaching. She loves Lady Gaga, champagne, and kettle-cooked chips. She has traveled the world to places such as Russia, South Korea, China, Vietnam, and Panama, and believes in living the life you have dreamed.