If you’re an event photographer, there’s no better opportunity to reach your target market than at an actual event. No matter what kind of event it is — a wedding, mitzvah or birthday party — most of your client’s guests are potential NEW clients for you! Traditionally, client communities consist of similar socioeconomic classes and aesthetic preferences. So, the guests at that event this weekend are prime examples of your target market! And if your client liked you enough to hire you, then many of their guests might too. Don’t pass up an opportunity to market directly to them.
Spread the word at the event – use event cards! Not only will you give them a take-away with your contact information, but you’ll also give them the keys to access the photos from the event.
Many companies, like Pictage, provide turnkey solutions for event cards. Or you can make them yourself. Here are some key tips:
- • Book a pre-shoot with your clients (engagement session, portrait session) so you can create an image that people will want to save. Use this image on your card (the goal is to have guests save the card on their refrigerator!)
- • Tell your client that you will be providing event cards as a “way to help guests find their photos without bother the bride and groom.”
- • Place the event cards in a prominent location, such as nearby the guest book or at place settings (ask your client first!)
- • Include your logo (keep it small and simple), contact info and instructions for how to access the event photo gallery.
- • Include a clear “call to action” on the card. If guests need to pre-register for an event, make that super clear on the card. You want it to be easy to see the photos.
When used consistently, event cards can significantly boost post-event print sales and get you new clients at the same time! For more creative ways to use event cards and marketing techniques at events, check out these helpful articles: